Recently I turned my life on its head and left the comfort zone of home town, family and friends in Wellington (NZ), to start a new chapter in Western Australia. As I adjust to my new surroundings, I find myself thinking in the shape of stories and letters home. Feel free to take a seat and read on..

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Getting the hump

Ever had one of these conversations?:

"Oh look, There's a camel!"

"Where?"

"Over there. No wait, it's a rock that looks like a camel.  No, it's a camel"

"It's a tree trunk".

"No, I think it really was a camel.  Or a rock that looked a lot like one.  I'm pretty sure it was a camel".

"I'm sure it was a tree trunk"

"Can we go back, because if it was a camel I want to take a photo, and if it was a rock that looked like a camel that would be cool too?"

"OK, but I'm pretty sure it was a tree trunk".

"There it is -  it IS a camel!"

"Oh yeah, I thought you meant that tree trunk over there"

"No, that's a tree trunk.  I'll just hop out and take a photo"

"OK, I've got it, thanks for turning back"

"Yes, dear. Can we go home now?"


No comments:

Post a Comment