Recently I turned my life on its head and left the comfort zone of home town, family and friends in Wellington (NZ), to start a new chapter in Western Australia. As I adjust to my new surroundings, I find myself thinking in the shape of stories and letters home. Feel free to take a seat and read on..

Saturday, June 9, 2012

I Heart Sing - Part Five - A Room with a View, Clarke Quay

I decided that quirky and interesting as my hotel room had been last time, this time around I wanted a room with lighting and a bed I could walk around.  I booked into the SwissĂ´tel Merchant Court which is in a great location - right on Clarke Quay, and an excellent jumping off point to the many and varied attractions of Singapore.
Thanks to a glitch in the housekeeping, I not only had my basic requirements met, but was upgraded to a fabulous room with a balcony, sitting right above the river. What a bonus!  
Thank you SwissĂ´tel Merchant Court for stepping up - you made my stay.
After a massive thunder storm the water turned
brown for a while
Bum boats
By night this bridge becomes a busy meeting
place for all and sundry

Taken before the storm
Getting ready for lunch - major difference in water colour
Resourceful dads 
Now I'm confused, I thought I was in Singapore
Promenading
Beer on the Balcony
Hard to want to draw the curtains





5 comments:

  1. Beautiful capture of the lively Clarke Quay. I love the 16th one here with the curvy ceiling lights. The night shots of clarke quay are also lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pics Harriet...make me nostalgic...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirsty - we'll have to create some new memories in a new place sometime!

      Delete
  3. finally got to take a look at this entire blog .... photographic journey .... those impromtu lessons from man must have been awesome .... such lovely photo's. Passing through Wgtn soon ... and thought 'oh how I would love to visit Harriet ... a wine, a chat, a hug' but hey, Perths a bit of a detour really !!! much love and big hug to you both.

    ReplyDelete