Recently I turned my life on its head and left the comfort zone of home town, family and friends in Wellington (NZ), to start a new chapter in Western Australia. As I adjust to my new surroundings, I find myself thinking in the shape of stories and letters home. Feel free to take a seat and read on..

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I Heart Sing - Part Two, Little India


Having been warned that Little India gets crazily busy on a Sunday, Heather and I decided to set out early to explore, before it got too crowded.  It's not easy to get a taxi early on a Sunday morning as the drivers are taking a break from ferrying home the Saturday night revellers; however it's not impossible. We met up at 7.30am - starting at the Tekka Centre; "part wet market, part food centre and part shopping mall" .  
First stop was for coffee - not as we know it, but nevertheless a strangely compelling brew laced with condensed milk.  We surprised the stall owner by ordering another; and once suitably fired up on sugar and caffeine, went for a wander…
Wonder what they were on?
Dude! Seriously cool..
Hands up who loves their job?
Hands down who doesn't
Everywhere a riot of colour
Lovely coffee maker
I'd be getting that washing in soon
Nice breakfast
Definitely a man happy in his work
Rambutans - still getting the hang of the camera settings,
but pretty anyway
Jackfruit
Ditto earlier photo
Jackfruit & Dragonfruit
Early birds
Feeling crabby
Fishy tails
There's a story to this..  later
Black-skinned chickens
Tails of two fishies
Still pretty quiet
Can't have too many spoons
Or buckets
So much colour
In a couple of hours this will be heaving with people
I'm sure I need something from here
Gorgeous!



5 comments:

  1. What great photos! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet you're inspired to cook up a treat after all the great food and ingredients in Singapore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I had such a variety of food and even managed to come home the same weight.. food photos to come

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete