Recently I turned my life on its head and left the comfort zone of home town, family and friends in Wellington (NZ), to start a new chapter in Western Australia. As I adjust to my new surroundings, I find myself thinking in the shape of stories and letters home. Feel free to take a seat and read on..

Saturday, June 9, 2012

I Heart Sing - Part Three, Sightseeing


One day I set out walking..  I walked until my hips said "enough!"; and then some.  Here's a little of what I saw:
Rain
More rain
This could take a while..  (I am sheltering under
the awning of a riverside restaurant)
My destination
After the rain
With thanks to the lovely young woman who
removed the "paper on your face".
Note to self:  carry better quality tissues
for sweaty brow mopping
Oh, for knees that could do that!
Getting closer and the weather is improving
Nearly there - the Marina Bay Sands Hotel
Pit Stop
Singapore Arts Science Museum:  I took in the Andy Warhol
exhibition while I was about it - fascinating
I got an impromptu photography lesson from this guy -
I couldn't understand most of what he said, but it must
have worked, 'cos here's what happened next..
In stark contrast to the building, this gorgeous lily pond
surrounds the Arts Science Museum - it's fab
Made it to the top - photo not brilliant but you can see how high up it is
View of Singapore Flyer from the Sky Park,
Marina Bay Sands Hotel
Ditto
Lovely splash of colour



1 comment: