Recently I turned my life on its head and left the comfort zone of home town, family and friends in Wellington (NZ), to start a new chapter in Western Australia. As I adjust to my new surroundings, I find myself thinking in the shape of stories and letters home. Feel free to take a seat and read on..

Saturday, June 9, 2012

I heart Sing - Part Four, Chinatown


The night I arrived, I quickly unpacked and then set off for a walk.  Having stayed near Chinatown last year, I decided to revisit somewhere familiar and within walking distance.  From my hotel it's about a 10 minute stroll. I must have only taken my iphone as now I can't find much in the way of photos from that first excursion, apart from a group of enthusiastic line dancers - I really can't say that in 34°C and who-knows-how-high humidity at 10.30pm it would be my activity of choice; but then I'm not a seasoned local.
Subsequently I went back in the day time to explore with Heather. This was great, if not a little comical as time was running out, and the sightseeing began to take on a sort of tennis match watching quality - heads snapping left and right trying to take it all in!
Line Dancing in 34deg C - not for me
Three Little Pigs..  cute
Red is for Good Luck
Not my Size
The Sri Mariamman Temple
Old & New Collide

Why is Everybody Always Picking on Me?
The only cow covered in Pigeon Poo
Man explaining buns to Heather
Getting into the wet market
Everything takes place right under your nose..
Beautiful!



No comments:

Post a Comment